Friday, April 1, 2011

Three Things.

1. Today, I woke up to this. This is one of Mother Nature's worst April Fool's jokes...the snow that is. I was just thinking about a shopping trip for spring clothes. However, there is a silver lining...a snow day home with my handsome husband and sweet pup was an unexpected surprise.






2. This was breakfast. Y-U-M. I've been searching for something that will keep me full for longer than 45 minutes and I think I have found it. A little Fiber One cereal mixed with 1/2 cup oatmeal (Old Fashioned is a little better than Quick), a few raisins and craisins, topped with a spoonful of brown sugar. The first hunger pain struck at 10:15 vs. the usual 8:30. 



This just might be a keeper.

3. I am about to eat a few words and thank a great friend. Yesterday I promised to get rid of desserts in order to fit into a few pairs of jeans. After some words of wisdom from a great friend, the deal is off. Not because I can't hack it, but because it was outrageously ridiculous. Good friends are such a gift from God. The quote below is not my finding, but also, shared from a great friend looking out for my best interested. Feeling blessed.

 "Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."  - Steve Jobs 

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. I know it's hard, and we're often way too critical on ourselves, but it's important to step back and look at yourself for who YOU are and to love that person... extra 5-10lbs in all;)

    ReplyDelete