After several weeks of "we shoulds", we finally attended 10/70 at the church we have been going to since November. It is a young married couples bible study...10 meaning married for less than 10 years, and 70--having a combined age of less than 70. We finally called for the details last night and showed up tonight at 6. I guess I can admit it now, but I was nervous all day today. I am not really sure why--but the thought of meeting new people and sharing my faith with people I had just met was a little intimidating. Relief quickly set in when I prayed about it. God reminded me that this was my family--these were my brothers and sisters in Christ--and I was going with my best friend. I am so glad we went. There's something about being around people who love God that both challenges, comforts, and relaxes me at the same time. I could just feel God working in that room.
You know when you get in the car, turn on the radio, and the song you just have to hear comes on? Perfect example today. In fact, it happens so very often while listening to Air 1. (If you haven't checked it out-you must.) Anyway, this song came on: Love Song for a Savior, by Jars of Clay. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G song. I don't often get the urge to hold my hand up at church, but if they played this song...I would. The lyrics just make sense. I turned it up and sang as loud as I could. For the record, I'm pretty sure God thinks I am a great singer. I felt like I could have listened to this song on repeat all the way home.
Then, (it may seem though I am jumping around here, but bear with me) at 10/70, the group has been discussing Ephesians. Ephesians 2:4-5 really jumped at me today. I have heard it a million times, but today--WOW. It really hit me. Eph. 2:4-5: But God is so rich in mercy, and he loved us so much, that even though we were dead because of our sins, he gave us life when he raised from the dead. (It is only by God's grace that you have been saved!) I am a sinner, but by the grace of God, I have been saved. God's grace is something so powerful. How can I ever praise Him enough?
Oh, and since this post seems to discuss several disconnected somehow connected ideas, here's a third. Sanctification--I have heard it forever--but I am craving more. God's sanctifies us and makes us holy by taking away our sins. His GRACE has saved me. I want to fall in love with Him. I know these three things: Eph. 2:4-5, Love Song for a Savior, and Sanctification stuck with me today for a reason. I guess I am trying to make sense of some connection. As the blog title suggest--I am mainly rambling. So enjoy my ramblings for today and my hope is God will help me see the connection and speak to me through each one of them. I will be sure to keep you posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment