Tomorrow is April 1st and tomorrow Maine is going to get hammered with a Nor'easter. Are you excited?! My "sockless" feet that adored the flats worn today are not impressed. In fact, today was day two of gloriously free toes. Sadly, this will come to an abrupt end tomorrow. My good friends in the weather office are actually predicting a possible 8 inches! Outrageous. Today's 50 degree weather has really spoiled me.
As a teacher, December, January, and even February snow days are just divine. I will gladly take a few extra days in June to wake up to a "No School" call at 5:30 am. Although I am not usually able to fall back asleep, just the sheer thought of a snow day makes me feel like I am six again. I'd like to say I am highly motivated and get so much accomplished on these days...however, the exact opposite is usually true. Snow days usually involve a little cleaning, lots of House episodes, a new baking creation, and too much wine. A second grade teacher's dream! Anyway, an April snow day brings a few different emotions...especially after a week (or more!) of conference/report card prep. It's bittersweet really. The fortunate part of this is that the day has already been called. There will be no alarm set on my side of the bed. (Insert big glass of red wine here)
In much bigger news...we had a little out to dinner celebration tonight. Why you ask?
Well, today I got accepted to GRAD SCHOOL! Nothing too exciting, but I will be starting a Master's Degree in Education with a concentration in Literacy in May at the University of New England. It is something I have been thinking about/knowing I have to do since I graduated from college. I just needed to jump in and get myself started. The stress my application essay created makes me wonder how this whole going back to school thing will go, but lucky for me I have a wonderfully, understanding (haha) husband and a cuddly pup that will help me get through it. Not to mention my sweet TR and lots of chocolate and wine. We will get through it together and I can someday cross off "Getting my Masters" from my list of things to do before kids. (Or while waiting for kids!?) So, we celebrated. It was a nice little date.
On another note, a 15 day challenge I am setting for myself. Holding myself responsible via this BLOG. We shall see how well this goes. In 15 days I am going to visit my two best gf's in Boston. Until then, there will be no dessert. I have contemplated no junk food, no sugar, no...chocolate. But, have decided, no dessert. Realistically speaking, I think I can be successful. I THINK. Basically the last 8 lbs I have put in since the wedding have quickly added up due to wine, yes, but mostly, due to the 7:15 sugar craving. I can usually go a whole day doing pretty well. It's the unwinding, stress beating, out of control night cravings that I usually cave into. I am going to challenge myself to the first 15 days of April--until I visit the girls, there will be no dessert--this means no Shaker Pond, no Sea Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies, and no cake at Lindsey's birthday this weekend. I think I can do it....think. It is the first step to attempting to get back on the healthy path. I will admit, the winter has not been that good to me. I will use this blog and all of it's followers (haha) as a guilt trip. I usually don't last more than 2 days, but my motivation is my weekend in Boston with the girls. And...1 Corinthians 10:31: So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
On that note it is 8:30 on the night before a snow day! I am going to do what I can to make it a late night...does 9:30 count?
Really?!

No comments:
Post a Comment