Thursday, April 21, 2011

What's in Your Baking Cupboard?


We are more than halfway through vacation and I have not done any baking. I am ashamed. So ashamed that at about 1:55 today I decided to do something about it. However, I ran into my first road block as soon as I started thinking about what I wanted to bake. My baking supplies are embarrassingly limited right now. Not enough chocolate chips to make my all time favorite chocolate chip cookies, not enough peanut butter to attempt these, and although my mouth was watering, I had nothing to create these. But I did have...


1/4 cup of chocolate chips,


1/4 cup of white chocolate chips,



 1/4 cup  of peanut butter chips, a little bit of oats, a few spoonfuls of peanut butter, a little sugar, an egg...so, I threw together these amazingly tasty peanut butter cookies based on the recipe from Brown Eyed Baker. I almost added m&m's too, but thought that might be a bit too much. Next time. 


(One bite of the batter and it's alllll over.)


Oatmeal-Peanut Butter-Lots of Chips Cookies (with salt!)
(adapted from Brown Eyed Baker)

Makes about 20 cookies

1 cup flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature

1/2 cup peanut butter

1/ 2 cup sugar

1/3 cup brown sugar

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

1 egg

1/2 cup rolled oats

1/4 cup milk chocolate chips

1/4 cup white chocolate chips

1/4 cup peanut butter chips

Sea salt

Preheat over to 350 degrees. Cream together butter, sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter and vanilla. Add egg and mix to combine. Slowly add flour and baking soda until combined. Mix in oatmeal and chips. 

Scoop cookies onto pan in small, round balls. (I like to make them big!) Bake for 10 minutes or until cookies are golden brown. Top with sea salt. (Optional)


The only thing that might make this cookie even better would be a little ice cream and chocolate sauce. Oh, wait. We did that. And yes, it was AMAZING. 

No comments:

Post a Comment