This is my sweet Sawyer his first night with us. Oh.my.word. How did I even contain myself with all of this cuteness!? He was the furriest, most adorable little ball of yellow puff.
It was love at first sight squeeze. If you had asked me how much I would love a dog a year or so earlier I would have listed all the reasons why I would never get a dog. They smell. They drool. They bark. They sniff you everywhere. They shed. They jump. They snore. Ugh, I could have gone on and on. After meeting my husband, I softened up to the thought of a dog, SOMEDAY.
Someday came a bit sooner than I had expected, but the minute I met my little puppy to be, there was no turning back. I was in love. Sweet Sawyer joined our little family in May of 2010. (Yes, I talk about him as though he is my son, but really...right now folks, he is.)<---We even refer to my parents and my in-laws as Grammy and Grandpa. I do realize some of you are throwing up right now.
Here is my furry little ball of puff just one year later on his very happy birthday celebration. Now about 70 pounds, we still find time to snuggle. But, like the title of this post suggests, I have more dog hair under my couch, covering my socks, hidden in the corners, and embedded in my rug. It is truly a lovely thing. Thank you Sawyer. Someday, Mommy I will teach you how to vacuum up your own mess.
How handsome are they? Really? Just another reminder how blessed I am. And stand forewarned--if you visit our home you will leave with a little dog hair/puppy drool puppy loving all over.




testing...
ReplyDeletewoah! matt looks so different with a beard!! you have yourselve a VERY handsome duo;)
ReplyDelete