After school I did not waste anytime writing my morning message, organizing tomorrow's morning work, and heading out the door to enjoy the beautiful afternoon. I came home to Matt putting up one of my favorite signs of summer...
I for see some summer mornings spent here with a cup of coffee and a great book. Perhaps even a glass of wine while watching the sunset in the evenings!
I spent some of my afternoon with these.
We have up to our ears in rhubarb. Would you like some? I picked just a little bit today in preparation for the pie I plan to make this weekend. Strawberry Rhubarb pie is my all time favorite pie, but I have yet to tackle one on my own. I am in the process of finding other ways to use rhubarb. Suggestions welcome. So far on the list...rhubarb margaritas! Anything with tequila has to be decent, right?
After tackling my rhubarb I tended to these...
...they make me smile.
And these...I love pink.
My very first flower bed is holding it's own. Only a few of my snapdragons have fallen over and I planted the sunflower seeds today.
Most exciting of all...my rhododendron! Look how close it is to blooming!
My herbs are loving this sun too. I can't wait for TIME to actually use them while cooking. The yard work excitement has not allowed for much cooking time. Tonight's dinner consisted of kilbasa sandwiches on the grill, sunchips, and geary's summer on the deck. Delicious, yes, creative, no. Stay tuned for my kitchen "to do" list for this summer! Less than a month left! Here's to hoping tomorrow will bring the beautiful sunshine today did. I could use a few more productive, motivating days like today. Here's to opening windows and flip flops!








sounds like your place is really shaping up for the spring/summer.. can't wait to see it tomorrow!!
ReplyDelete