It's Wednesday and I am tired. Not really a bad tired, just tired. When I signed up for this teaching gig, I was never told how tired I would be each night. (Said best by by husband while laying on the couch yesterday after a long day) I wake up in the morning so motivated. I tell myself as soon as I get home from school I will do the dishes, make dinner, pack lunches, do laundry, clean the house, check my e-mail, check my class, work out...and then I get home and I just want to pour a glass of wine and order a pizza. Luckily, my husband sense of guilt will not allow me to do this or we would be both broke and I'd be fired.
I see myself going in phases. I was doing so well coming home, working out, eating dinner, skipping dessert, and heading to bed. Lately, I just can't get out of my own way! I am starving when I walk through the door so I inhale the first thing I see, then decide I am too full to work out, follow this with starting to cook dinner, and then eat, and sit. I always end up convincing myself I can get it all done tomorrow<----There is no working out or getting housework done here by the way. It is getting a little frustrating. Why does this happen? Please tell me I am not alone. (Note to self: Figure out WHY this happens)
Although tonight I was successful in skipping the pizza, I did pour a glass of wine and decided I would not make granola bars, do laundry, work out, or clean the house. What is wrong with me? In my defense I did take 42 second graders on a field trip today. We went on a hike through the woods of Maine. Did I mention it was rainy and about 40 degrees? It really was a great field trip, but being responsible for 21 seven and eight year olds is probably one of the scariest things in the world. Try doing this in the rain, in the woods, with the idea that there are bats around--this is how I justified my glass of wine.
Grad school started Sunday. I finished week one last night. The kicker is that is it not due until...Sunday! If you know me you probably just fell out of your chair. I tend to procrastinate more than anyone you may know. Then I panic. And cry. And call my mom. Above all though, it always gets done. But yes, I am done four whole days early. I may eat my words by next week, but I am kind of enjoying it. It is pretty interesting talking to motivated teachers and books they have read and programs they have found to be successful in their classrooms. ((We shall see how long I feel this way.))
On the flip side though, this class and the funk I have been in have really cut into my baking schedule. In fact, I have not done any baking this week! I planned to make homemade granola bars tonight...but, well...you know, life laziness got in the way. I am not the worse wife in the world as I did cook dinner each night though--Monday: grilled (thank you hubby) trader joe chicken sausages with peppers and onions and corn on the cob, Tuesday: nachos with leftover chicken sausage and veggies, and tonight: chicken caesar salad with corn on the cob. Jealous? Thank goodness my meat and potatoes husband is a saint and lets the fact that all three of these meals are NOT well rounded meals go. Phew. Next week I will be better?
It is Teacher Appreciation Week this week. This means chinese food for lunch on Monday (thank you to our principal), the most amazing desserts--to die for chocolate chip cookies Tuesday, and a Mexican lunch Thursday. The way to a teachers tight pants heart is Teacher Appreciate Week. I am still drooling for the cookies but cursing whomever made them. I also am thankful for students that I had last year that bring me I love you cards. Seriously? Sometimes I am the meanest teacher in the WORLD.
![]() |
| How handsome is he? |
PS. The Bruins are up 4-0 in the second period, 2-0 in the series. Happy husband? I think yes. I am also strangely intrigued by it all. Celts on the other hand--not so happy husband. I decided I like when the Bruins play better. Second note to self, encourage children to play hockey.







No comments:
Post a Comment