This photo came as a text from a friend. It read, "Wine, cookies, and diaper bag...I'm ready!". Ready for a great night that is. Friday night was a much needed night filled with delicious wine, yummy food, the most well behaved little boy, a sweet pup--and above all, some incredible friends. Great conversation held strong all night. Before we knew it (and four bottles of wine later), it was 10:00. Although it may have been a little better one less glass of wine, Friday night was one of the best girls nights yet.
However, as I mentioned before, the fun Friday night created a great need for a nap Saturday. Of course this was the day the sun decided to show it's face...after more than a week of rain and clouds! I managed to sleep for a bit and make the most of the sunshine left that afternoon. I awoke from my nap to this...
...bouquet of apple blossoms picked from our yard picked by my so very thoughtful husband. Beautiful! We also spent Saturday morning at the Hamilton House perennial plant sale. Completely beautiful place so close to home! I vowed to make a point to visit again this summer. The grounds are incredibly beautiful and well maintained. Of course I forgot my camera. We found some great perennials though!
Thats just a taste. I'll share more later. Just too exhausted now. A great weekend. Except for this sad picture.
My forsythia is on it's way out. :( While so very sad (and terrible looking!) it means summer is on it's wayyyyy! Stay tuned for more planting photos. Time for bed now. Second grade awaits way too soon.




No comments:
Post a Comment