On another note, my Dad is the king of texts. Although he cannot ready the phone without his glasses on, he still manages to text my siblings and I several times a week. He uses text "lingo" too, like "ld" for "Love, Dad" or "db" for "Daily Bread", or "ttyl". He is so savvy. Anyway, in addition to being so up to date in the cell phone world, he is also great at timing his texts. 6 am texts usually include a bible verse to check out or reminders of our many blessings. Yesterday I got this one..."Highly recommend memorizing Phil: 6-7". This text was a blessing for many reasons. The first being...I have this one memorized and it is one of my favorites. The second is his timing. I needed to be reminded of this yesterday morning.
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your heats and your minds in Christ Jesus."
I need to be reminded to pray about everything. Without prayer, anxiety will eat away at me. I pray for the peace of God on my heart. Not because things are not going well or life is miserable because that is not the case at all. But rather because the peace of God will east any sense of anxiety. He reminded me of that again tonight while talking to a great, God loving girl friend. She reminded me that praying about everything and anything will bring peace that God is in control and not me! How liberating!
In thinking about His love, I am thankful for some wonderful things this week: an understanding and God fearing husband, fresh sunflowers from my sister, text message pictures of my niece, e-mails from great girl friends, getting mail, a delicious quiche lunch visit with a recovering coworker, great Bible verses, a fun Friday night to look forward to, a snuggly yellow lab, rain that helps our field lawn grow (I'm trying!), and homemade chocolate chip cookies. I could go on, but will end here tonight. 5:30 comes fast!
If only I could looks this adorable in rainbow stripped stretch pants...

OMG what a nugget!! please tell me she'll be at your place next weekend so i can snuggle her!!
ReplyDeleteShe absolutely will!!! You will just fall in LOVE.
ReplyDelete