48 degrees at 3:23 in the afternoon. Yes please! We were fortunate to have several beautiful, 50 degree days! I could get used to that. So, what do two teachers on vacation do together with temperatures like this? Clean! We took advantage of the beautiful weather and got into a bit of a spring-ish mood. Who ever said spring cleaning can't be done in February? How glorious it felt to vacuum up every piece of dog hair! It felt so good I was tempted to open the windows...but I didn't. I had to remind myself it was only 45 degrees and the heat was set to 68. I have a tendency to get a little ahead of myself.
Perhaps I should have taken before pictures for the full effect, but check out this s-p-o-t-l-e-s-s living room. You could eat off this floor! (Even though I may not recommend it.)
The rest of the house was this clean too! Thanks to my husband who was a trooper through all of this and actually did the bedroom on his own. Yes, he is quite a guy. Although it took two full days, I can't tell you how great it feels to have a perfectly clean home.
Exciting, thrilling first few days of vacation together? No. But, it felt SO good! A fun, added touch are the beautiful, blooming daffodils in the kitchen. Although it may not officially be spring (especially with the foot of snow that fell Thursday), spring cleaning and daffodils give our CLEAN home a very spring feel.
PS. This post may lead you to believe my house is not normally "clean". Trust me, it is--this was just a reallllllll deeeep cleaning, k?




you're home looks gorgeous!! there is truly nothing better than a spotless house! I cleaned for over 2 hours last Saturday and wore my new heartrate monitor... I burned almost 300 calories!! so, cleaning is not only productive and satisfying, it's also a decent workout if you want it to be:)
ReplyDeleteThanks! And 300 calories!! Love it! :)
ReplyDelete