WARNING: Do not continue if you have no self control like myself. Continuing to read this post will make you start to drool and drop everything you are doing to make these incredibly delicious and addicting bars. Once you start, you won't be able to stop. Ask anyone who has had them.
It was weeks ago when my morning blog checks brought my attention to the most incredible recipe--chocolate chip sea salted caramel cookie bars.
Two Peas and Their Pod, a blog I check daily, posted these bars a week or so before the Superbowl. I knew they were an immediate must make. As I had suspected, these caramel bars were amazing. The first night we ate them right out of the oven. Ooey and gooey we messily enjoyed every last bite. They only got better with time. The next three or four evenings after dinner Matt and I cut ourselves a generous portion and ate with a big glass of milk. The final night they were in our home we warmed them up and put a giant scoop of ice cream on them. So, drooling yet? One day after school I cut myself a small piece before dinner. That small piece quickly turned much larger and I finally realized they needed to be OUT of my house. The next day I brought the few remaining bars to school and they were gone in less than five minutes. Several teachers asked for the recipe and with a brief warning I passed it on.
Since the first time I made them, these caramel bars have
been made appeared in our home. Each time, I end up bringing them to school due to my lack of self control. They have quickly become my go to dessert to bring to school (peanut free!) and dinner dates, etc. You MUST make them. You can find the recipe
here. While you are there check out other Two Peas and Their Pod recipes. They are great!
Here's a close up so you can realllllly see all that caramel. Did I mention I froze half a batch once and the next day defrosted it and ate it? Yah. They are that good.
These ar amazing! I made them for dessert one night, no shot of leaving with leftovers!
ReplyDelete