Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Bubble Bath

Valentine's Day is exhausting for a second grade teacher...or any teacher really. It is a very fun and exciting day, but we basically hold on tight until the 3:00 bell. If Valentine's Day isn't exhausting enough, today also happened to be Hundred's Day! For those of you familiar with any child under the age of 8, Hundred's Day should probably be declared a national holiday. We have FINALLY been in school for a hundred days and it is time to celebrate. These days usually fall within a few days of each other, but rarely on the SAME day. Talk about crazy. My second graders came into school today crawling on the ceilings. You can only imagine how the rest of the day went.

We had a great time doing 100 exercises outside (in 30 degree weather), counting 100 steps around the school, listing 100 healthy foods, reading Valentine's Day stories, frosting sugar cookies, and reading Valentine's, but when that 3:00 bell rang I could have curled up in my read aloud chair and fallen asleep. I dragged my feet to my car and yawned as a drove home. I wasn't all that delightful to my handsome Valentine when I walked in the door. So, what did he do? His patient being poured me a glass of really delicious red wine and started a bubble bath for me. Really? A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. With Lady Antebellum playing in the background I sunk into a warm bubble bath and a glass of wine while clearing my mind of the past few weeks. Note to self: remember this next time I am feeling stressed.

Sunday's sermon online and home made shrimp scampi followed. Seeing as it was Valentine's Day I felt it appropriate to help myself to seconds. Now it's time to relax and just be together with no agenda. Well...except for pink and red peanut m&ms. A whole bag. Our diet starts after vacation...bear with me for two more weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Can you make a matt replica for me?! haha that sounds like a wonderful night! xoxo

    ReplyDelete