Ugh...it's been a long week and it is only Wednesday. I started out strong praying for patience knowing that the week that lay before was filled with places to be, meetings, appointments, and basketball games all on top of teaching seventeen sweet little minds starting to get antsy for February vacation (not mentioning their teacher is too). There are times when I feel so on top of life. Lesson plans written for weeks ahead, dinners prepped, house cleaned, meetings organized...and then weeks like this just hit me in the face--hard. Yes, I have times at night where I am sitting down and "relaxing", but for the most part I feel like I am moving from one thing to the next to the next to the next without really giving everything to one thing. Does that even make sense? All in all, there is just a lot going on. Anxiety struck all day at school today when I was not able to complete one task before moving on to another--each half completed task leading to another soon to be half completed task, essentially walking circles around my classroom. I can't exactly pin point the cause, but I can confidently say today was just NOT my day.
However, there is always a silver lining--coming home to my precious pup and understanding husband. Matt was at practice when I got home so I threw myself into finding something new and delicious to make for dinner. Eat Yourself Skinny's Skinny Chicken Divan has been on my list for quite sometime now and I just so happened to have all the ingredients on hand--including a brand new bottle of white wine. After pouring myself a giant glass of wine, I set to creating this new recipe. The yummy aroma quickly filled my kitchen. The end result was a warm (skinny) comfort food enjoyed by both Matt and myself. Paired with a salad and bread it was a perfect dinner for a cold winter day (if you consider 40 degrees cold). Check out the recipe here.
Although I am counting down the hours until tomorrow, I am comforted by Him who is in control of it all. While doing some research today online, Hebrews 11:1 came up on a post I was reading. Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance for what we do not see. I am so thankful for my faith. I would be lost with out it. Here's to a better day tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment