Monday, July 11, 2011

Too Long

It's been way too long since my last post. Let me just mention I have 14 started posts--and 14 unfinished posts. So, I will cut right to the chase and share an amazing mojito recipe I used Saturday night.


...can you say refreshing?! A little freshly squeezed lime juice, some fresh mint, white rum, and a little selttzer...perfect for a warm summer night. 
Disclaimer: I They tend to create quite a mess, but keep in mind I am no professional bartender!

Simple Mojito
(serves one)

Two limes
10-12 sprigs fresh mint
1.5 ounces white rum (anything will do!)
2 teaspoons sugar
seltzer water
crushed ice

1. Squeeze one lime to get about 2 ounces of juice. Pour into a tall glass.
2. Spoon two teaspoons of sugar into the class and stir until it dissolves.
3. Add enough crushed ice to reach halfway up the glass. Stir gently.
4. Choose 10 sprigs of fresh mint, stack them and rub the rim with the leaves. (Trust me!)
5. Break the mint leaves in half or thirds and drop into the glass. Gently stir.
6. Pour 1.5 ounces of rum into the glass. Gently stir again. (Be careful not to ruin any of the mint!)
7. Fill the rest of the glass with ice and top off with seltzer water.
8. Garnish with leftover mint and lime. (and a straw if you like that--like I do!) Enjoy!


Sawyer reaaaalllllyyyy wanted one. So sad.

...perfect summer drink. Betcha can't drink just one!



2 comments:

  1. but who would want to drink just one?! haha looks delish! xoxo ps i'm totally loving your vintage-esque cabinets!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come visit! We can make mojitoooosss!

    ReplyDelete