We spent the fourth of July in one of my favorite places on earth, Piper Pond in Abbott, Maine. The camp on Piper means family, amazing food, sweet wine, magazines, canoe rides, great conversation, relaxation, peaceful evenings, rocking chairs, sunrises, sunsets--a break. As soon as I finished work on Thursday we packed the car and headed north praying for cooperative weather. Mr. Sunshine hid his face for the first few days but made it up to us the last few with cloud-less skies. The clouds however, did not stop us from making a pit stop at Abbott Bakery, home to the most delicious whoopie pies. YUM! We did plenty of relaxing giving me a chance to FINISH, yes, FINISH a book I was reading, catch up on the latest gossip in People, and even sneak in a quick nap. Amazing! As soon as the sun came out I grabbed a chair and a book and parked myself in all it's glory taking in every ounce of that Vitamin D. I was also able to soak in every ounce of my sweet niece enjoying the opportunity to spend two days with her! There couldn't have been a better way to spend the fourth!





...about an hour later...
...surgery? At camp? Sure!
Can you see how thrilled they are to be paddling me around the pond? Spoiled? Perhaps.
We finished off our week at camp with fireworks in Greenville. Perfect seats, perfect view, perfect company. Ahh...I love summer.
Sounds like a wonderful time!!
ReplyDelete