Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Last night I danced in the kitchen.

Yes, that is correct. However, I should say WE danced in the kitchen. We being my darling husband, hyperactive pup, and myself. I came home from a dinner date with one of my favorite people in the world, to my husband sitting in his recliner...dancing. If you know my husband, you know how shocked I was. He was dancing to what he told me was "We Speak No Americano" (as the title suggests...it is not in English). Lovely. As soon as I arrived he jumped up and blasted this song from his computer in the kitchen. On cue, Sawyer, our one year old yellow puppy, began to jump around and wag his tail. I am pretty sure it was dog for dancing. Meanwhile, Matt began throwing out his best dance move at 9:45 pm in our beautiful blue kitchen. For a second all I could think about how was tired I was, how I needed to make lunches and switch the laundry and get to bed...but I let that go and...well...started dancing! Laughter erupted in the kitchen as the song restarted. I couldn't help but take in how blessed I am...and how important it is to sometimes dance around in the kitchen. (For the record though, the song got a little old when it was blasting at 5:54 am while Matt got dressed this morning.)

To completely change the subject, dinner tonight was at one of the best pizza places around, Flatbread Company in Portsmouth. I had been looking forward to this dinner date for weeks. I met a friend from high school who was and still is one of the only people in this world that really understands me. We met at 5:15 and began dinner with a tasty class of red wine. After much deliberation as to what to choose we went with the waitresses suggestion of a house cab. It was...good. And, ahhh, after a Monday in second grade, I believe a glass of wine is always necessary. We ordered a Flatbread salad with blue cheese and the veggie special pizza. It was so delicious...sweet potato puree, goat cheese, caramelized onions, and mushrooms. If I had my camera I so would have taken a picture. Dinner was great, and conversation...greater. Times like this remind me how blessed I am to have people in my life that understand. We sat until 8:30 talking about love, life, faith--everything. I truly believe God has placed people in my life--two high school friends in particular, to center me. Although far away, they remind me the importance of being ME and being thankful for what I have--and I am! It sounds silly written down, but I am truly blessed in every aspect of my life. I often lose sight of this and need times like this to serve as a reality check.

New rule: no editing. This blog is a rambling of things going on in my brain. As of TODAY I am making the promise not go back and reread to change/delete anything I have written.

I ate well today. Until dinner. Homemade calzones and How Sweet It Is's Better than Crack Brownies...topped off with a glass of white. (Or two) It's report card/conference week and I am trying to be ok with the fact that I never will be the same size I was when I get married. When do you think someone becomes ok with that? Ever!? I need new jeans but refuse to buy them until I lose five pounds. Sometimes I wonder if that is ever going to happen. Probably not with all the wine and chocolate I consume. (This is where I insert a reminder of how blessed I am, right?)


Today I woke up to this...


...seriously...life is so good. Oh, and I heard "Crazy, Beautiful" on the way to school. God is everywhere! It is time to refill my glass and start preparing for another fun filled day in second grade. Pray for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment